Damp dots on plastered wall

Thanks for all the advice to all who have helped. I have cleared the gutters and connected the drain pipe back up. I was onto Velux installer and he said he moved tiles to put flashing down and covered over again with said tiles. As for the lack of flashing at the verge he said that was a priority to get fixed.

Just one last question. Having cleared the pipe while taking another photo I noticed another issue that may be letting water and cold air directly into wall. Please if anyone could look at photo attached and advise it would be great help. It appears their are blocks of wood and a gap for water/air to get in behind wall... Would it be advised to cover this with fresh concrete?

Thanks again to anyone who had helped and advised. Much appreciated. Know I hope those dots go away on their own but unlikely I suppose.

Attachments

• IMG_20191212_170624~2.jpg
    IMG_20191212_170624~2.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 64
Sponsored Links
the velux install is not just wrong but for a pro installer its rubbish. eg. flashing, for all it was worth, has been removed and not replaced.
the strange rough looking verge i mentioned is the abutment and verge near the velux.

the verge you show in your last pic on post #16 looks like disintegrating slush.
the red outlined area is just well wrong - the verge, the fascia and the tiles.
at a minimum you need a roof overhaul.

the dots will not go away they will get worse.
there might be other, fresh damp difficulties that have not yet been revealed?

You are right to question that area, yes it could let in water, yes, you could re-mortar the local area but I fear the rest of the detail looks poor as well, as bobasd mentions in a slightly more pointy way!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for feedback. Velux installer was hired by velux themselves and we payed for flashing. I will get better pics in daytime of everything I can see that's wrong. At the moment it's impossible as it's dark in morning and evening when home from work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back