damp floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my wife was recently cleaning the lounge when she noticed a lot of dead wood lice on the carpet around the front window area-----I lifted the carpet to do the neccessary with a spray and I found that the floorboards felt damp(ish), we get a lot of condensation in the room so I am putting it down to that for now, I lifted some floorboards, in the hall and there dosen't seem to be any airflow under the house ---should there be?----

Sponsored Links
yes, air flow stops damp, should be air bricks front and back, back and forth

have a shifty at this post

milliemop said:
I lifted some floorboards, in the hall and there dosen't seem to be any airflow under the house ---should there be?----
Check the external air-brick are not blocked or metal plate type have many layered of paint of the years which close the holes up.

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
yes, air flow stops damp, should be air bricks front and back, back and forth

have a shifty at this post

Interesting breezer--I had cavity wall insulation installed last year, the lad doing the job removed the one of the outside vent bricks to check if it was the correct type ---he said it was and I accepted this, however my neighbour had his bungalow a few months later and all his vents were removed and checked (different company)so I will remove my all of my vents when I get home and check that they are clear,-- what type of vent should I have fitted?? -----

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back