Damp problem??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm new to this forum so hello everyone!!

I have a Victorian 2 bed end terrace and have been suffering from damp in my dining room even though it looks like it's been damproofed already.

I have pretty much finished doing the house up but the damp only seemed to prevent itself until after the room was replastered and fully decorated. Hence i very reluctant to replaster and redecorate.

The symptoms were damp plaster which i have temparily resolved using an industrial dehumidifier. Also i was getting round bits of salt coming through and occasionally paint bubbling, i resolved this by painting some damp/salt barrier compound on bought from the builders merchants.

I now want to resolve the damp issue itself as on the brick below the plaster there is still a bit of damp. Does anyone know of a product that can be used to get rid of damp even though house has already been damp proofed? And where is best to get it from?

Any help would be massively appreiciated?

Thanks

Wes

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back