Damp proofing courses for new tradesmen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Could anyone point me in the right direction for how my brother can get accredited to install damp course systems with insurance backed guarantees please? He is already a plasterer and many years ago we both worked with a guy who did this for a living. I am just looking at how I can help him out with getting started doing this.

He is in the North West - are there suppliers around Merseyside / Lancashire I should be looking at / talking to?

Thanks

D

Sponsored Links
dunny, good evening.

Have a look at "Wycamol" as I recall they did some accreditation? hope that is correct spelling?

Look at Sika? expensive but generally good.

It is possible that Cuprinol may have courses?

How about you consider Googling "Damp Proof Chemical Injection Chemicals" the reason for that is that it will guide you to the makers of the various Chemicals.

BUT? I my opinion, these fairly large Manufacturing Companies are only after one thing, Punting the product, they will give accreditation [at a cost, meaning the candidate pays to become accredited] this "Accredited" Operative can use the Companies Product. the product irrespective of who makes it, and irrespective of how Efficacious it is, will be sold at a discount to the Accredited installer..

Now for the sting in the tail? this accredited installer will be given [at a cost] an area or geographical region to work in, BUT some unscrupulous manufacturers of these products will have several "Accredited" Installers in the precise geographical area where you are looking to work in.

As you can see I am just a wee bit shall I dare to call it "Skeptical" as to becoming Accredited [as a cost] to enter a fairly full market, and being tied to a Supplier who whilst sending you work dictates your cost of material? not to mention the equipment you need to actually undertake the work?

Be cautious, do a shed load of background checks, do the Homework, and get all the facts, then do the maths to see if it all stacks up?

Hope the above gives food for thought? --- Be CAUTIOUS ! --- There are loads of other possibilities, including the home Ownre purchasing the Chemicals from the Merchant and the tools from Tool Fix Direct.

Ken.

Hi Ken

Thanks for the reply.

I have Googled a number of suppliers and come up with the likes of the PCA that do training courses and SovChem who supply the materials and give the training. The bit I cant get my head fully around is that unless there is some supplier accreditation there cant be any insurance backed guarantee offered as far as I can see?

D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back