Damp proofing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have recently bought a house and I was advise by the surveyor that there are signs of damp in the house. Since buying the house I have had a damp dryzone injections done at the house by a local damp reservation company. At the time I was advised that the dryzone cream would expand within couple of days as it soaks in the damp. However, 7 days later only a few drilled holes still appear to be fully filled with the dryzone cream, whereas majority of the other holes appear show traces of the creams, are half empty of have hole through the middle of the cream, as if air has poped out of it.

I have doubts that this has been done properly hence I was hoping you can share your experience or experties on this issue.

Kind regards

refche

Sponsored Links
Probably unnecessary work, has the cause of the damp been identified and repaired?

That was the only work done. I can see that bricks below floor level are in white colour assuming cos of the damp. I had 3 people coming out saying that I need to carry out damp proofing as their device is showing red for dampness.

Sponsored Links
Their device is only good for timber and useless on brickwork since damp in brickwork can only accurately be detected with a drill sample, anyone drill your wall.?
White might indicate effervescence.

No drilling was done.

They did say that some joists and floorboards must be replaced as they have been infested with beetle or something like that.

No one had said what the cause of the damp is. They did say I need to do the injections and re plaster walls up to a 1m in height. Also apparently need to replace air bricks with high efficiency air bricks, whatever those are.

What is effervescence?

No drilling was done.

They did say that some joists and floorboards must be replaced as they have been infested with beetle or something like that.

No one had said what the cause of the damp is. They did say I need to do the injections and re plaster walls up to a 1m in height. Also apparently need to replace air bricks with high efficiency air bricks, whatever those are.

What is effervescence?

They always say that, you had damp proof company check the walls , without finding damp they have no income, no business, you need independent survey.
http://www.i-brick.com/what-is-efflorescence/

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back