Damp Wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

New to this forum but I am after some advice. Recently moved into our new home but after a month realised out conservatory had damp on 2 of the walls.

I think I have fixed the initial problem of were the damp was coming from. Constant dripping of the overflow pipe from our bathroom. The outside wall around the pipe to the ground Is very wet.

The internal wall has white mould coming in (see pic). How do I get rid of this? I have Tried bleach but it came back a few weeks later.

My grand goal is to get rid and replace with a extension, as it is not useable all year around and unsure if these new roofs are worth it for conservatorys.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• DSC_0174.JPG
    DSC_0174.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 133
Sponsored Links
The white stuff isn't mould. It's efflorescence. It's minerals in the wall drying out. Just brush it off.

OK, yeah thought it would do. The weather doesnt help. Its starting to look dryer on the outside.

I keep wiping it down for it to come back a few weeks later. We will just have to play the waiting game. There ia a few spots of black mould on the wall as well, not the best pic I took. Will that go as the wall goes or will it need new plaster board?

Sponsored Links
Good ventilation will prevent spores settling and aid drying, wipe away any mold with bleach solution.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back