damp walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi is ther any1 who can tell me how to cure my problem i live in a terreced house & my bath room is rite at the back of the house & now its gettin cold i have started gettin damp & mold on my wall & cellin around my window if any1 as any good tips 4 ridin this problem could please let me know as it is drivin me & as i am male i will not get some1 in 2 cure as diy is mans best friend & women cant do it so its left 2 us guys so could some1 please help me

Sponsored Links
Hi Johnboy54,
U nrly klld me by :LOL:. Nvr fnd sutsh a gd cmmnt in www nd smwhr snc cntrs ;)

To the topic: It must be too much humidity and too less heating what causes the problems. Nearly all you need to know about reasons and to get rid with it you can find here:

SCHIM2.JPG

Mould attack - A helpful Guide

Good luck!

Konrad

Sponsored Links
Is the extract. vent a powered fan, and is the exaughst from it exiting the house proper like :?: Look @ Herr. Fisher`s site. he has done a lot of research, Gott Enamel :LOL:

your heating is based on heated air. This will not reach enough the corners between wall and floor and ceiling. So there it is colder than midst of the wall and ceiling.

If you produce a lot of humidity f.e. by 'shwrng', the big amount of humidty in this moment can not be exhausted immediatly by vent system, it will stream (because it weights less than dry heated air, as H2O- weights less than O2-molecules) nearby the colder surfaces and can condensate in. Mould attack can follow.

And your vent system will not give heat energy in the condensated pore system, where only energy will change the fluid water into steam and dry it out.

I guess that your wall coating is done by synthetic paint. That will do all worse, because the pores of the wall will never dry out by capillary transports, which is blocked by this sort of coating. And this coatings are some of the best substrates for mould growing, having pH values best for them.

Gd lck!

Knrd

Details: Humdity and mold attack

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back