Damp works not worked and now plaster "fluffy"/whi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I bought a ground floor flat and had rising damp works done 6 weeks ago in a front room bay window and back bedroom. The bay works are fine bar a patch that is mottled. Local builder says I have a blocked drain behind, if I clear the leaves etc it should dry out.

The bigger issue is the back bedroom. You can see that one patch is nicely dried, which corresponds with some 3/4 year old repointing works on the external wall outside. The rest - mottled and salts coming through! There are also new issues above the new plaster, it is bubbling away as you can see. External wall in average condition, think may needs one re pointing/brickwork as some bricks feel spongy and they grey paint (sealant) is wearing off.

The damp company say it's an issue with the wall / pipe work not their works. I don't know if I believe them but they won't budge.

Any idea on how what needs to be done to fix the issue?
I am not savvy with this sort of stuff and don't want to get ripped off by the builders when they come round to quote.

One suggested to me resealing the external wall and then plasterboarding over the main wall inside... This seems odd as where would the damp go?

Help! Thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back