dampness in fairly new wooden playhouse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I was out in my daughters playhouse yesterday when i noticed there is dampness on the walls and floor.
The playhouse is only 6 months old. It is sitting on slabs outside.
I treated the outside the day after we got it with shed paint/stain so it should be protected. There is dampness in two corners then on the walls but its not rising from the floor. Some of the wooden slats are perfect looking then you can see a huge difference at the next one being all black with furry spots. It's the same on all the walls. So I'm not sure if its some of the wood thats the problem.
I would just like some advice as it is being inspected by the company on Friday and I would just like to be able to say to them confidently that this isn't right. I mean my garden shed is years,years old and its still perfect inside and outside. I want the same for where my daughter is playing.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

So someone from the shed company came out today to inspect. He didn't say much, asked what it had been painted with and said if u get damp it spreads fast.
That doesn't explain why some bits of wood are perfect right beside affected pieces. They are reporting back to the office and I should get a phone call on monday. Does anyone think I should get a new one? I won't be able to hide or rid the dampness on this one. if it hadn't been treated surely the playhouse would have just weathered you see fences all the time which arent treated that arent damp and mouldy. I think its been a bad batch of wood, can i please have some opinions? has anyone else had damp like this in a shed or playhouse?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back