danfoss fp715

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Had a problem with our heating yesterday. We had to reset the control panel and my wife went to reprogram it. As soon as she touched it there was a loud bang and a puff of smoke. Thnakfully she wasnt hurt just a bit scared. So i had a look and it seems something has earthed/fried lots of black smoke onthe plastic. I took it apart could see nothing obvious so i put it back together and changed the plug fuse, fired it up and the lights came on, bingo........ or so i thought. The boiler its self wont turn on at all but the control pannel says it should be on. Im assuming the pannel sends power to the boiler as it seems to be a 3 core wire out. So thst part of the pannel must be done, my question is. This is quite an old pannel, will a new fp715 si be compatible with the existing wall plate? It has male pins on the pannel which slot into the wall plate.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers robbie

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
What and where is the spur?

Edit I don't belive there is a spur, there is a normal 3 pin plug on the wall this goes to the wall bracket for the control panel (left side 3 core) there there is an output of 3 core which runs directly to a switch at the burner (as far a I can see) there is no fuse in this switch so I assume its all powered from the 3 pin plug by the panel?

The 3 pin plug should have a 3 amp fuse not a 13 amp, would be looking for faulty pump/motorised valve that caused the initial blow clocks very ,very rarely blow by themselves

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back