Danfoss radiator thermostatic valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just purchased 3 of the above from my local market to replace the ones on my radiators which are looking a bit tatty.

They are absolutely the same in appearance, but these have a small plastic box attached by a piece of uninsulated wire, and I need to know if the extra unit can be cut off and the thermostat head used as normal.

Regards vectraguy.

Sponsored Links
NONONONONO!

It sounds like you have got either something like a Tapstat, or a Remote Sensing valve.

Post a pic please

BTW Drayton Tapstats cost about £100 each, so you may be able to make a profit on fleabay

NONONONONO!

It sounds like you have got either something like a Tapstat, or a Remote Sensing valve.

Post a pic please

BTW Drayton Tapstats cost about £100 each, so you may be able to make a profit on fleabay

Thanks for your reply JohnD, well these are brand new and cost £1 each.

I have removed the plastic top off the attached box and inside there is a metal core surrounded with a coil of the same uninsulated 14 swg wire that goes to the normal head part.

Sorry can't send a pic, but if you can imagine a normal Danfoss TRV these are exactly the same including the central cup that moves in or out as the dial is rotated to push the radiator valve closed or open.

Regards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back