danfoss thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks
my central heating system comprises a combi boiler, danfoss room thermostat ret230p and a danfoss digital timer. i have been away on hols and now the heating doesnt switch on, the timer appears to be working, i got an engineer out to the boiler who has put in a link so that i can manually swith on the heating at the boiler, and he has suggested that it was the thermostat thats the prob - i got a drayton thermostat and replaced the dnafoss one but that doesnt seem to have solved the problem my questions are ?
1. can i use any type of thermostat or does it have to be the same one
2. if not the same one does it have to be a compatible one and if so does anyone know of the makes that would be compatable

thanks in advance for your help

Sponsored Links
Its more likely to be the timer at fault, or did he check that?
No thermostats are exactly the same, but they all work he same way.

hi thanks for that
the timer appears to be working as normal and when turning the thermostat dial there was no clicking noise - which is why the engineer said it as that? would the timer be broken even if everything seemed to be working ok

Sponsored Links
Although off the top of my head I dont know your thermostat.

Some thermostats need 240v to have a click, if the timers' relay isnt working correctly then it wont pass the 240v onto the timer.

Boiler > timer > thermostat > timer

Remove the timer and fit a wire link inbetween 1 and 4 and tell me if the thermostat starts working.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back