Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help!

I'm trying to install Hive active heating 2 to replace my existing system but I'm not too sure on the wiring, I've found tons of guides and posts about this already but I'm not able to transfer the solutions to my setup.
This damn wiring is starting to infiltrate my dreams so any help or advice here would be much appreciated.

The house was built in 2020 and my current set up is all Danfoss with a FP720 timer next to the hot water tank, a TPOne-B thermostat downstairs and a RET230P thermostat upstairs. I'll put pictures of the wiring below.

For the replacement I already have the Hive hub, a dual and a single channel receiver as well as 2 Hive thermostats

Here is what (I think) I understand so far:
- The FP720: Should be a straight swap with the Hive dual channel receiver.
- The TPOne-B (downstairs zone): I think I need to bridge COM and NO then cover with Hive stat.
- The RET230P (upstairs zone): I thought I needed to bridge just L and NO but it appears that L and COM are already bridged. Do I just connect all 3 then cover with Hive stat?

I'm slightly unsure with the RET230P wiring but I have absolutely no idea what I should be doing with the single channel receiver for the upstairs zone.

Current heating and hot water set up:
Danfoss FP720 timer next to the hot water tank upstairs
Danfoss FP720.jpeg

Danfoss TPOne-B stat downstairs zone
Danfoss TPOne-B.jpeg

Danfoss RET-230p stat upstairs zone
Danfoss RET230P.jpeg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Nope you need another hive single channel and another hive receiver

Thanks for the reply Ian, can you elaborate?
I wasn't very clear in my first post but I have a hive hub, 2 receivers (1 single and 1 double channel) and 2 hive thermostats, I thought this was all I would need for a 2 zone CH/HW set up.

Thanks for the reply Ian, can you elaborate?
I wasn't very clear in my first post but I have a hive hub, 2 receivers (1 single and 1 double channel) and 2 hive thermostats, I thought this was all I would need for a 2 zone CH/HW set up.
yes that is what you need but you never said that was your set up

Sponsored Links
yes that is what you need but you never said that was your set up

Heart-attack averted, I did mention both the dual and single channel receivers but in the least clear way possible. Have just edited the main post for clarity.

Any thoughts on how I should be wiring up the single channel receiver?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back