Danfoss TP5 Installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Just bought a danfoss TP5 for my new (older) house. Had one in the old (newer) house and thought it was great.

When I came to remove the old room stat, to put the new one on, I found I only had 2 wires (looks like a live and a neutral). The danfoss instructions suggest I need 3 wires (common, normally open, normally closed). Is this right? Can I install the TP5 onto my system?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
you can do it as you dont need power to anything when the stat is satisfied, only when it on demand

Electronic thermostats just need two wires to complete the circuit when "ON" i.e. room temp below set temp.

Some systems need an "off" condition ( e.g. to turn off a fully motorised valve) hence the change-over contacts but if your system didn't have this before, it dosn't need it.

Some thermostats can be used for Air conditioning so may use the other contact for that - on when hot.

Sponsored Links
So what connects where? Live and Neutral, which to common, which to on or off?

it wont be a neutral wire, connect either one to common and it should tell you on the back where to connect the other one, if you turn the stat up and the boiler goes off and vice versa youve got it in the wrong place, just change it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back