David Cameron to seek Parliamentary approval to bomb Isis in Syria

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
He promised to set out a "comprehensive strategey" for defeating Isis and said the case for military intervention in Syria had "only grown stronger" since Islamic terrorists killed 129 people in the devestating terror attacks in Paris on Friday.

But he will only go ahead with a vote in the House of Commons if he is confident of winning, Downing Street said.

Ministers will set out the plans to bomb Isis in Syria by the end of the month, meaning the first air strikes could be launched before Christmas.

Not my spelling mistakes!

Sponsored Links
He promised to set out a "comprehensive strategey" for defeating Isis and said the case for military intervention in Syria had "only grown stronger" since Islamic terrorists killed 129 people in the devestating terror attacks in Paris on Friday.

But he will only go ahead with a vote in the House of Commons if he is confident of winning, Downing Street said.

Ministers will set out the plans to bomb Isis in Syria by the end of the month, meaning the first air strikes could be launched before Christmas.

Not my spelling mistakes!
Looks like The Independent suffers from the same difficulties as the Grauniad and the Daily Mail!

My hope is that when the inevitable bombings occur in London, which can't be far off now, they choose their targets wisely.
Downing Street, the Houses of Parliament, Whitehall. They would be suitable for a start and might - just might - give our MPs a sufficiently firm kick up their backsides to prompt them to take some positive action.

(Incidentally, I've been looking for a couple of threads I posted on earlier and there they are - gone! I don't know what's been said, but the mods have been busy again!)

Last edited:
Cameron is being pressed to bomb isis in Syria because the pro arab/Palestinian luvvies who inhabit the bbc and the foreign office were a bit peeved that they couldn't get their way last time around and so are having another go to remove that nasty mr assad so all the arabs can live with the benefits of democracy like Libya and Egypt after the wonderful arab spring.

Sponsored Links
Seems to me it's a bit pointless bombing Syria when all the f*ckers are here. :(

Why do we keep hearing politicians and commentators referring to IS, IS, IS. Then declaring that they are carpet bombing them in Syria, etc. Maybe the perpetrators were inspired by IS and probably even fought with them. But if it wasn't IS inspiring them, it would be another of their terror organisations. These people don't really need much to make them take up arms.

Looks like the bombing of IS in Syria, etc is an obvious diversionary tactic by politicians to take the spotlight off their own failings and guilt in these ongoing massacres at home. The terrorists didn't jet over from Syria, they are French and Belgian nationals and migrants hiding amongst the swarms of economic migrants heading this way thanks to Mad Merkel. Bomb IS all you want, but you just stir up the ROP even more who are here in their millions. Tough action is needed on the home front, and I have yet to hear one politician (bar Nige) even dare to suggest putting the screws on our ROP population. Of course, they know they can't - because it will 'inflame community tensions' amongst these normally peaceful, law abiding :D citizens - and the lefties won't have it.

So, the politicians will keep trying to divert our attention to North Africa/Middle East whilst dishonestly talking tough and looking like they are taking strong action - but it's the wrong target. There are parallel sections of society, here and in Europe, doing their own thing largely untouched by the law. This menace is allowed to grow and become ever more lethal, yet our 'leaders' think they can placate us by dropping some bombs on foreign lands.

Politicians got us into this by flooding Europe with violent tribes. Politicians added to the problem by destabilising Arab countries with illegal wars. So, of course, the politicians will be the last people to have a single clue how to solve the problems that they created.

We should be carpet bombing them but are only hitting mostly empty selected targets.

Seems to me it's a bit pointless bombing Syria when all the f*ckers are here. :(

Looks like the bombing of IS in Syria, etc is an obvious diversionary tactic by politicians to take the spotlight off their own failings and guilt in these ongoing massacres at home.
Whilst that is perfectly true, as I understand it the terrorists we have imported are ultimately under the control of IZAL in Syria and Iraq.
For that reason, we should be bombing targets in that area and bombing them heavily and frequently. The sub-humans need to feel very afraid.

Of course, that doesn't mean we can ignore our own muslim terrorists in this country. They, and the 'religious leaders' who brainwash and recruit 'volunteers' need to be rooted out and sent to Guantanamo Bay (little point sending them to HM four-star hotels in this country, of course).

Iraq was bombed comprehensively by Blair and Dubya. They managed to kill one million innocent people (at least they were liberated) and this gave rise to Islamic State. Bombing Syria is akin to throwing stones at a hornets nest. You either kill them all, or they'll all flood out and sting you. When will politicians ever learn?

Sponsored Links
Back