Dead cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have a flavel milano 100 dual fuel cooker which seems to have totally died. I have replaced both thermal cutouts but still no lights or life. I have checked power getting to thermal fuses and beyond, but to investigate further would mean practically disecting whole cooker. Any ideas would be appreciated, before i have to replace. Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
What are you using to test voltage, are you sure the neutrals are ok?

That is absolutely useless you need a multi meter to check between live & neutral & live & earth. It is quite possibly just a poor neutral connection in the cooker switch or consumer unit or other connection point in the supply. It may well not be a problem with the cooker at all

Sponsored Links
Yes you need a proper meter, not too familiar with the model quoted, but has it got a digital clock ? I have had several ovens that switch the common neutral through the clock. Clock fails, so the oven and grill, will not power up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back