Decking Joist Hangers for 4x2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am building a ground deck 3m x 6m and I am using 4"x2" joists which are raised off the ground a couple of inches. I am trying to find suitable joist hangers, but only find the light duty ones shown below.

The heavier duty ones only seem to start at 6x2.

Would the joist hangers in the pictures be sufficient?

Also I am raising the deck up by 2 inches. I have read that this can be done on concrete pads for ground decks. I did see on one site where the guy doing the deck had dug holes in the area where he wanted to support the frame, chocked it up, then added posts in the holes and filled with concrete to get the position right next to the joist. I have a picture below of a similar one. I think that this was probably done the same.

Do you think that this is a good/acceptable method

Cheers for any help[/img]

Sponsored Links
1. You don't have to use hangers at all - you can screw the joists to the outer frame.

2. Use whatever method you like to support the frame at the required height - so long as it doesn't move laterally or bounce up and down then its fine.

3. Use Search - there's loads of posts like this one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back