decorating a room prior to demolshing another...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the process of remodelling my house - there are two rooms - which are having new power points.. switches and rads.. but nothing else.

If we were to get the chasing done - could we then totally decorate these.. as in paint and paper - the lot..

then 'cover' the doors.. so as not to let dust in - when the room next door has walls taken down - stud walls put up - and are generally remodelled.. we wont need to use the rooms at all .. so not gaining access is not really an issue..

I had thought i should not do final paint and paper .. until the buildng work has been done - but I'm wondering if it would be ok ..

any hints would be great :)

Sponsored Links
Yes you can get away with what you're planning. You'll get some dust in your decorated bits from vibration as your other walls are getting knocked out but not a lot, as long as all your paintwork is dry before you start the walls then any dust you do get will dust off.

Easiest way- 2 layers of Visqueen or similar heavy gauge polythene taped over the door (preferably taped to the wall outside the doorframe) with the sticky tape/glue that the asbestos removers use.

thanks for that :)

I shall get some heavy duty tape

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back