Decorator's caps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone have any clue where i can grab some decorator's caps.

It is apparently the name for the cap the screws on the rad when you are taking the rad off! (found that out on here!)

You remove the TRV and screw one of these on. It have 8 TRVs and apparently they all came with one of these but can't one anywhere.

To help I have no idea what TRVs mine are as there is NO markings on any of them!

My friendly plumber has given me one but i need 5! The threads and heads all seem different. Mine seem pyramid shaped!

Any help would me welcome.

Sponsored Links
If you can't identify them, then find a disc that fits inside the housing that is a few mm thick and replace the heads with that in place and the trv turned right down.

these should do the job.
Or not.

This is what the OP wants, to replace the TRV head and close the valve (see pin in centre of cap):

BEN-DECO-CAP.jpg

Never seen them available as a spare.

Sponsored Links
why wont they do the job? if ya cap the outlet of the trv ya can still remove the head of the valve
Read the OP. The OP has clearly asked for decorators caps. That's what the above are. They replace the TRV head, not cap off anything wet.

If he wants decorators caps it's because he's taking the radiator off, he can shut the rad with the trv and then use the cap gazman linked too to close the outlet when it's off.
You're thinking like a salesman not a plumber. :LOL:
Of course they'd only fit the 1/2 " bsp outlet valves.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back