Dgital Shower Problem - help!

Ed1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently had a pair of mira platinum pumped digital showers installed (one in ensuite/one in family bathroom) when I replaced my old bathrooms

One works fine(ensuite), but one in the family bathroom has developed a problem - it will only run cold until I switch off the power supply (reset) then works fine until I try to use it again.

The plumber fitted a surrey flang on the hot water tank (to remove air) 22mm pipe then runs into the loft and supplies both shower mixer valves. Cold supply comes from the cold water tank (22mm pipe) to supply both mixers. Nearest one that is T'd off doesn't work furthest one on the straight run does work.

Only other admission is that I had fitted a Aqualisa diverter and overflow filler in the family bathroom - so the digital mixer valve supplies the shower or bath depending on the diverter. Obviously now thinking I shouldn't have mixed Mira and Aqualisa, but at the time thought it wouldn't be a problem (neither did the plumber)

I've contacted Mira - they think the problem is down to an airlock due to the surrey flang being fitted rather than the taking a downward T of the hot water tank supply?

Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions before I pay Mira to come out and have look!!

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
don't think its an airlock due to the surrey flange thats what they are for.
and i've never had an issue with any digital shower because its on a surrey flange.

going by your fault i would put it down to the pcb or the flow valve in the unit.

Thanks Seco

I must admit I couldn't fully understand the airlock theory as it could be fixed (although only for one operation) by switching the digital mixer valve on and off.

I'm tempted to get Mira out to try and get to the bottom of it!! But I'll pay if it's an airlock!

if it keeps airlocking its an install fault not yours so have a speak to the installer.

but these showers are really dummy proof to install.
you could try switching the processors over and if its an airlock that keeps forming then it would happen in the other processor where you have changed them other.
10 min job to change over.
but i bet the fault stays with the same processor. as in a faulty processor.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ed1
Sponsored Links
That's a really good idea to swap the digital mixer valves - I hadn't thought of that - thanks

It's only a case of 3 push fittings and the wiring on each one - I might even have a go at that myself!!

To drain the mixer valves do you just switch off the hot/coold water supplies and then run the showers until no water comes out?

Thanks

don't run it with no water just isolate them both and lay a towel under each one or a small bowl, i just use a towel.
then remove them you won't have any pressure on them.

useally easy when in the loft if they are laying flat.

Thanks Seco - I forgot the isolators are very close to the digital mixer valve.

I'll have a go this weekend and let you know what the outcome is!!

Thanks for the suggestion!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back