dhw 2 port valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,Been to a customer's house who requires their old open vented pumped ch with indirect dhw cylinder converting to a sealed combi system,The old system can independantly heat dhw but ch can only be heated whilst dhw is being heated,looked in the airing cupboard to see if there was any port valves,there was none to be seen,am i right in assuming that there must be a valve under the floorboards somewhere that shuts of ch when only dhw heating is required?

Sponsored Links
If its gravity HW and pumped CH then there may well only be an anti gravity valve preventing rads heating when HW only is selected.

Thanks for your reply "45yearsagasman",I should have gave this info on my first post The boiler only has two pipes coming off it so i presume its a fully pumped system.

Sponsored Links
There might be a gate valve that acts as a summer/winter valve.

But if you are converting the system to a combi should it really matter? Just cap the cylinder primaries under the floor? Possibly with an AAV just above the floor boards.

You'll need to give more info than this though really.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back