DHW lack of temperature

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just moved in to a shiny new house (new for us that is, its and old property). The house has a 2001 Vokera Linea 28 combi central heating.

The system appears to be working fully bar the temperature of the hot water flowing through the show head. The shower is over the bath and is I reckon at the outlet 2.5m above the boiler - no more than 3 certainly.

The boiler working pressure cold is 1-1.2bar. The O&M manual stipulates between 1-1.5bar. I'm not sure its pressure causing the look warm water from teh shower.

I'm unable to identify the show mixer make model to help. Its a horizontal bar with rotating dials on both ends. The LH end to be flow control and at the rear is connected (by touch test) to the hot feed. The RH dial, is marked as the temperature dial with centre of 38oC with a = and - rotation sign. Both have push buttons that when depressed allow the controls to go beyond the rotation contraints.

My first guess is that I think its a thermostatic valve and could be faulty? How common is this? I'm keen to investigate before I call a plumber!

If so, are they fixable? If not, what is the issue? There is really hot water in the kitchen sink and bath mixer right beside the shower so is it a lack of pressure? If so, noting the current 1.2bar when cold, how high can I go?

Any help welcome

Sponsored Links
Your boiler pressure you speak of has nothing to do with your hot water pressure....Thats the pressure inside the sealed heating circuit....

You say the water is very hot elsewhere which points to your shower being faulty......
You could check the filters in the shower (if they were fitted)
Those showers are designed so they shouldnt be able to get very hot and scold you...
Maybe time for a new shower?

try removing the head from shower and try it, it may be just gunged up and in need of a clean/descale.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back