diagnostics citroen c3

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
having bought a repo car with no keys no log no tax etc at auction that is cat d insurance, the citreon dealership have offered me large quotations to bring to mot standards,however i ask for some guidances on several apsects.

paid 2007 quid+ 45 transporter fees+ 139 for new keys, the dealership on obtaining keys have checked car and found engine management light illuminated costing another £90 for diagnostic testing.

the diagnostics have shown several fualt codes on citroen c3 1.4 desire 2005.

1/ injectors
2/cat convertor
3/airbag/pretensioners ecu or somert like that aint sure

non diagnostic shown headlamps failed visual inspection as tehy are filled with water so likely to fail mot.
brakes seem to be on on the rear end.

final bill looks to be in the region of 2.5 grand for the above works so i look at doing it old style from a scrappa etc.

ebay for headlights are 50quid each compared against dealerships of 438 quid per pair
brakes easy enough to do an low cost cat can be changed also, the injectors ive never worked on before so advise or guidance needed

main problem is the ecu business can these be easilly bought do they need programing on fitting what probems may be encountered by renewing ecu typical cost etc

cheers
terry

Sponsored Links
All I'll say is anything to do with airbags and pretensioners I'd leave to the mechanics. These things could save your life.

What happened to the car for it to get Cat D?

accident damage..

seems the car hasnt been repo'd but a dealer may be posing fecked up cars as repos in order to clear them at auction ie
no keys
no log
no tax
no mot

put a baliff sticker on it do not move or attempt to move seized vehicle hey it now looks like a repo but is a pile of shyte.

Sponsored Links
The accident damage would explain your Airbag/pre-tentioner ecu fault on the main ecu. I have found on other citroen models when these are activated you need to replace them.You also better check the seat belt sockets as if these have been activated you will have to replace these aswell. The ££££ are mounting up and buy the time you have done everything you might aswell have gone and bought a good secondhand one without any of the hassel. Sorry to put a downer on things,

Skip,
[/quote]

Back