Diaphragm Expansion Tank Query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have my own water supply from a bore hole and submersible pump feeding a Cimm expansion tank which is situated in a shed.
Can I turn the power to the pump off and then release all the water pressure by opening a tap without doing any damage to the diaphragm in the tank or do I have to release the air pressure in the tank as well?
There are 2 reasons for the question. Firstly, I have water leaking from under the cottage which could be ground water as we have had an awful lot of rain recently and I need to prove it's not a burst pipe!
Secondly, I am replacing the shed in which the tank lives and I need to move it a small amount but would prefer to move it when it's not pressurised.
Thanks for any comments.
Russ

Sponsored Links
As far as I know you can do it as you suggest. They are supplied pre-pressurised anyway. Further, it will drive the water out if you do it as you say.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back