Dick's top tip of the day!!

• Thread starter RichieHoneybucket
  • Start date
R

RichieHoneybucket

Here's todays top tip;
When filling sealed CH systems or combis, get yourself a PRV set at 1.5Bar & a long flexi tap connector hose, remove the filling loop & temperary fit your PRV/flexi. Connect it to the valve & DCV, turn the water on, then you can save time by just bleeding you radiators etc without worrying about 'overfill' or nipping back & forth to the filling loop.
Easy, it can save you about a 1/2 hour on any job.............. ;)

More top tips coming soon!!!

Sponsored Links
Thats useful for installers.

BUT its also useful for fitting permanently on the filling loop at tenanted properties to stop them over filling the system.

Tony

Sory, Dick. I don't get it. The PRV OPENS at the set pressure, so how would that stop the system overfilling?

Sponsored Links
That's a good idea.

expertgasman - He mean pressure reducing valve not pressure relief valve.

Dan.

Edit: Guess I'm too slow.

Thanks chaps, I've got 100's of em!!

Whatcha think, could I give my auld mate Tomplum a run for his money??
He'd be a tough one to beat, he's a star is our Thomas.

Whatcha think, could I give my auld mate Tomplum a run for his money??
He'd be a tough one to beat, he's a star is our Thomas.

You have some way to go, but with ideas like that........who knows?

Tom's not only a top bloke, but due to his film career on Youtube, I was surprised to see that there weren't any Oscar nominations for him. Colin Bloody Firth!!!!

Anyhow thanks for that tip. Did work at a 3 storey house last week on my own. Had to bleed the 17 rads and keep running down to ground floor to repressurise. Bloody knackered after!! :oops:

You're right Dan, there's a few boilers with integral loops you'll be unable to use it on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back