Did Uk Govn plot banking takeover?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...-face-up-to-the-real-causes-of-recession.html

...Michael Fallon MP (Conservative, Sevenoaks) suspects that John Kingman, the government official who now heads UK Financial Investments, the body created to oversee state shareholdings in commercial banks, was the source of Robert Peston's BBC scoop about the banks' pleas to Downing Street for emergency assistance. Mr Kingman and Mr Peston used to work together at the Financial Times.

This allegation, made in the form of a question to Mr Peston (which Mr Fallon knew very well would not be answered), is a serious one. It invites us to infer that ministers deliberately weakened the banks' bargaining position by leaking details which would provoke sharp falls in their share prices. In effect, far from shoring up confidence in the banks, the Government plotted to ensure that it could take control without unseemly resistance...
:?:

Sponsored Links
http://uk.reuters.com/article/personalFinanceNews/idUKLNE51901T20090210
Interesting how one news channel reports higher house prices but the latest release is all doom and gloom.So who to believe? when a government minister admits things are bad and getting worse its time to head for the hills and live off the land,but having said that the industry i'm invovled in' manufacturing of chipboard and kitchen units we are flat out at the moment with overtime a plenty,so my glass is half full.

Sponsored Links
I think you`ll find Ballsup was laying it on bit thick in his speech, which was more about fascist parties (bnp) finding a voice amongst a disenchanted electorate in Yorkshire.
Once you`ve had your nose in the trough giving it up is hard to accomodate.

So by his dire predictions was he recruiting for these far right groups?

So by his dire predictions he was recruiting for these far right groups?

You could be right perhaps he dosen`t see it that way, being the minister for education is perhaps not the right role for him.

I'm sure many would say being a minister of any thing is not the right role for his ilk.

Sponsored Links
Back