difference between seagrass and jute flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I've just taken up a small area of carpet that I'm going to replace. I thought it was seagrass, but now think it might be jute - how can I tell the difference?

The one I have has a herringbone pattern and is a warm corn colour and not too 'raised'. Looking more closely at seagrass, it seems a paler almost greeny colour and is more lumpy (ahem, technical term...).

If anyone can help I'd appreciate it!

SB

Just realised that some pics would help, d'oh, so here we go!

View media item 13305
View media item 13306
Hope that helps

Sponsored Links
herringbone sisal by the looks of it mate, however i have my beer googles on :eek:

Where about are you? and where you buying the new stuff from? Do you have an original recipt with a code on it? If your close to brum i can supply you the correct product.

Thanks matty

I'm nowhere near brum sorry and the flooring was in the house when I moved in, so don't have any paperwork.

I didn't know that sisal came in herringbone, so that's a great help! (beer googles not withstanding...)

SB

if you can wait a week i wil get the code for the flooring you need. Im not going into the shop untill next week.

Im sure its sisal e400 or e401 but very hard to say off a picture. It looks to course to be jute and not course enough for seagrass or coir.

Take a sample to your local crucial trading retailer. But be warned! Its retail is about 50 quid a meter and you will have to buy 4mx1m :eek:

Let me know how you get on, i may have a remenate for much cheaper if your lucky, but then there is the problem of getting it to you.

Sponsored Links
Matty - yes I can wait- thanks for the offer to help.

I know it's expensive - grrr, and need less than 1 m2, although I guess having some spare might not be a bad thing!

I'm in London, so I think logistically it's going to be hard, but if I don't get any joy with an offcut somewhere more local, I might take you up on your offer!

Thanks again for all your help!

SB

I think you are right about it being sisal as it's on the stairs and I realise that the others are not recommended for stairs.

i think im working around london at some point this week, i will phone the office in the morning and if i have some in the warehouse i will stick it in the back of the motor. Im sure you can come collect it off me if im local. Bear with me and i will let you know.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back