Different size plastic pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am repairing a job I did approx 10 years ago. See attached plastic pipe, and notice the connectors have bits on the corners. The actual size of the pipe is 23.5mm.

I bought some pipe and fittings for the repair and find the new pipe is 21.5mm so the fittings won't go on the pipe.

Does anyone know where to by fittings for the 23.5mm pipe please?
Camerart.

Attachments

• blob.jpg
    blob.jpg
    277.6 KB · Views: 154
Sponsored Links
An overflow compression coupler or elbow (think they are 23mm) can be made ;) to fit the larger pipe and continue in 21.5 other side of coupler or elbow,they compress down.

An overflow compression coupler or elbow (think they are 23mm) can be made ;) to fit the larger pipe and continue in 21.5 other side of coupler or elbow,they compress down.
Hi O,
I doubt there is enough room. If you look at the bottom right of my attachment, you will see where I cut the pipe to repair below it, now I need a glued straight coupler to finish. I have a straight of the wrong sized pipe and I had to cut it down then strain the pipework to fit it, then I found the diameter wrong.
Thanks, C.

Marley OCA 21 straight adapter might do it

Sponsored Links
Marley OCA 21 straight adapter might do it
Hi N,
I looked at the Marley range and the OSC21 is nearly big enough (as it's a straight connector that I need)
I found a previous post in DIYNOT that was the same problem, and the suggestion was to hot air the smaller connector which I have, and stretch it. I'll try that today before sending for a Marley.
Thanks, C.

There are other bodges available :idea:
Hi O,
I'm sure you mean well, but this is a repair to a waste water syphoning system, I put in my van. It's worked for 10 years.
My bodge worked, but I'd like to hear any others, for next time:)
C.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back