Different Upvc Profiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We need to replace the windows. I've seen windows that I like the look of in other peoples houses. The frames are dark grey and compared to lots of white uPVC they appear to have 'narrower' frames. I like this look as there appears to be more glass - but maybe it's my imagination?

Can anyone recommend a profile which has less than the average size frames?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Dark grey sounds like the old aluminum ones they were slimmer, but poor performance if they are.

Ali is making a come back, may your thinking of the old anodised silver aluminium I don't know but nowadays you can get ali in a whole load of colours and even textures, I would imagine any colour from the RAL chart is possible, the grey I think the op mentions is likely to be 7016 or anthracite

Ali is making a come back, may your thinking of the old anodised silver aluminium I don't know but nowadays you can get ali in a whole load of colours and even textures, I would imagine any colour from the RAL chart is possible, the grey I think the op mentions is likely to be 7016 or anthracite
Oh dear, does that mean you are going to come home and find the "local lads" have been round and nicked your windows for the scrap value now!

Sponsored Links
Ali has some scrap value obviously but I once took a house full to a merchant and only got 50 quid, took a conservatory roof off and weighed the Ali in and only got 70 so I think your windows will be safe for the time being, its when you have to start screwing lead down onto bay roofs that worries me! (y)

No the windows are definitely a uPVC. Its coming to be a bit of a fashion thing I think. I just don't know the name of the profile.

Thank you. Yes these are the type of windows which I like.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back