differential temperatures

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
could anyone describe to me the method of checking the differential temperatures of flowand return pipework given that the differential temperature is 11 degrees celcius??????,,,, thank you , i have looked everywhere and just cant see the method used , jase :D

Sponsored Links
The differential is not 11 °C.

Its whatever the settings of the system give. You measure it with a contact thermometer on each rad pipe.

Older non condensing boilers were designed for a flow of 82° and a differential of 11°.

Modern condensing boilers are more flexible but typically 70° flow and 20°-30° differential.

Tony

thanks tony ,,,, it was for an assignment , and like a wrote i could not find it anywhere in the information they gave us to read ,,,, once again thanks
jase ,, :)

Differential temperatures should be measured at the boiler flow and return connections and measured from a cold start.

A condensing boiler would have an optimum differential of 20°C
Flow at 82°C and return at 62°C.

Maximum efficiency is obtained when the boiler is condensing.

A lower flow temp keeps the boiler in condensing mode for longer.
The optimum flow temp is 63°C.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back