Differing pitch pyramid roof lanterns

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Different roof lantern companies sell different pitch roof lanterns. Some are 42 degrees, some 24 degrees and some in between.

What is the significance of these different pitches? Which is better?

Sponsored Links
Other than the look the only thing I can think of is:
Assuming you are having self cleaning glass it works better the steeper the pitch.

I did this one recently from these guys http://atlasroofsolutions.co.uk/lanterns/
IMG_1950_zpsej8fcunn.jpg

yes, the Atlas roof profile was the one I was going to go for (from another company I saw at one of the home shows). How do you rate the product (I know you fitted it but compared to Roofmaker or others on the market)? The ridge line and rafters look a bit thicker.

Sponsored Links
That link is actually the manufacturer so probably cheaper from them although they may only deal with trade.
I saw lots of makes at the FIT show (trade window and conservatory show) and this one looked the best in my opinion.

The lines just cover the glass spacer bars so they couldn't be any thinner but sculptured/rounded moldings from other company might look less bulky. I liked the clean straight lines though which is odd as I prefer sculptured on window frames

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back