Difficulty unscrewing ceramic cartridge on bath mixer

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but just had a PM from someone enquiring about whether I got a replacement Tantofex ceramic cartridge so I thought I'd just add the happy ending. (back in 2008!!!)

The advice re ring spanner was excellent and I finally manged to remove the cartridge. I then had an exchange of emails with Lunns in Farnborough who have an excellent website with illustrations, measurements etc of the various cartridges. I finally got a match (diameter, number of splines etc) but it was just a few mm too long. Fortunately I was able to file it down and refitted the replacement which has been going fine for 6 years now!

The wife wanted a new bathroom because of the dripping tap...but we foiled that little plan (for the time being! :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back