Digi' tv quality

Sponsored Links
'kin Tin Vest !!

I decided on impulse, to buy a Bush freeview digi box - £20.
Waltzed it home, sorted the connections to dvd player, video and tv (5yr old 'monster' Sony),
Tongue in cheek, set off the channel search, when it looked like halfway through the motions with nothing found, I wandered off to the kitchen thinking it'll have to be the 20 yr old aerial out of loft and a roof top jobby.

Blimey, wandered back into lounge, channel search had completed upmteen channels plus radio - as per the norm... All working quite grandly it transpired, except the odd 'snap' from sound which also occasionally gets out of synch with the pictures.. Not often or for long enough to spoil the entertainment. ( generally screen menu displays 100% quality : 70% strength - is this meaningful / normal??)

My next Q is... would there be any advantage if say 3 aerials were positioned in loft - (extra tv's in house) - actually linking them together, would there be any advantage?
:?:

:D :D

empip said:
My next Q is... would there be any advantage if say 3 aerials were positioned in loft - (extra tv's in house) - actually linking them together, would there be any advantage?

Linking multiple aerials together is a tricky business. :confused: :confused: :confused: if you don't get the phasing right you will lose signal strength. :mad: :mad: :mad: You can even have problems putting two separate aerials (connected to separate TVs) in close proximity. This is an example of one aerial reducing the available signal strength at the other one.

It doesn't sound as if you need any extra signal strength but, if you want some, try these:

1) Make sure you are pointing at the transmitter. If you don't have a signal strength meter, turn the aerial to either side until the weakest channel breaks up. Note these two positions and set the aerial to their midpoint. Alternatively, use a map and compass. :idea: :idea: :idea:

2) Fix the aerial higher up.

3) Get a higher gain aerial.

4) Get an aerial booster. This is the best way to connect extra TVs.

PS: Auto search sometimes pulls in channels from other areas so that you end up watching a channel with marginal signal strength by mistake. :evil: :evil: :evil: To avoid this, find the six UHF channel numbers that carry Freeview in your area then use manual tune. :) :) :)

Sponsored Links
Back