digicom test fault optima plus2 / rpi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm wiring the digicom outputs from my Optima plus 2 to an raspberry pi to trigger an email / alert if intruder/fire/PA outputs are triggered.

I've taken pins 43,44,45 to a board of opto isolators to convert 12v down to 3.3v for the GPIO pins together with the 12v rail as a common anode so that when in an alarm condition the 12v drops to 0v I can detect and trigger a script.

Running the engineer test though from the panel, triggering the PA or Intruder digicom test the display should show '6' or '7' but doesn't - just get 2 beeps. I've left 42 line fault monitor unconnected. meter shows 12v is present on 43,44,45 as it should be.

Is there some other trick to enable the digicom out? I can't see anything else in the service manual -

thanks!!

edit - here's the optoisolator board http://www.icstation.com/4bit-optocoupler-isolator-level-voltage-converter-board-signal-p-8036.html

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
no - there's no sign of the 12v dropping to 0 and the display remains 't' instead of changing to '6' - just 2 beeps low-high

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back