Digistat RF2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help please, because I am totally bemused!

I have for years run my Worcester Combi boiler using a Digistat British Gas badged RC5 RF unit.

This has now "expired" after many years, and I had hoped to simply replace it with Digistat+2 RF unit (22084). However all is not going to plan.

I have retained the existing SCR unit; it seems to be doing what it says on the tin and still seems to be working fine (if it ain't broke why fix it?)

As far as I can see from the diagrams the wiring is the same; I believe that the operating frequency is the same (433); and although I can’t find online a set of commissioning instructions that appertain to this particular model (22084), they all appear to be the same regardless of model.

I have attempted to commission and re-commission repeatedly without success

However the red LED does not flash to indicate a mate between SCR & RF unit, and the Red LED remains lit

When these 2 units syn is one the control unit? As it stands the SCR simply does not know the RF unit exists!

It has to be something simple because the procedure is simple!

So please what or where is the hick-up; or am I just missing a simple trick?

Any advice is appreciated :cry:

Sponsored Links
Are you quite sure they are the same freq?

I thought they had changed from 433 MHz to about 833 MHz ???

Tony

Oh! No I wasn't aware that the freq had changed.
I know it was something like 413 before it was changed to 433; and on the various Digistat web pages these are the only 2 freqs mentioned.
But I have to say that a lot of this info is old stuff because as we know once it is on the net it largely stays on the net.
Thanks for this, I will check it out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back