Drayton Digistat RF2 broken - replace with?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi!

Hope you can help. Typically days before Christmas the wireless system on the boiler decides to pack in. I can see the issue with the transmitter, the battery terminals inside the Drayton Digistat RF2 unit are broken, eroded completely.

My question is - the receiver is the Drayton Digistat SCR. They no longer make replacement RF2 units. Can I replace the transmitter with a different unit and keep the SCR? Something like the +3RF?

I don't mind paying for the package, but I can't see anyone coming to fit the receiver until after Christmas, and with 2 kids in the house I'm trying to just find a quick fix.

(I'd personally much prefer to fit a Nest or similar system but again, just a timeframe thing now)

Sponsored Links
A lot less trouble than you think, get a Digistat 3RF package and if you cant get it to pair with the 2 RF receiver just fit the 3 RF receiver (I would fit it anyway) no wiring required simply isolate the power at the switch to the boiler, slacken two small screws at the underside of the receiver and it lifts off, backplate with the wiring is the same for both, pop the new one on and thighten the screws pair them if required and you are sorted

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back