Digital scale reducer to combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

House with a combi boiler fitted pretty close to the rising main which enters the house in galvanised steel, and are looking for some kind of scale reducer to protect the boiler.

There is next to no room to put a canister type inline reducer (Aquadial?) type one.

My question is, would the digital scale reducers (electric) do any good? I am sure the debate as to if the do what the manufacturers say is endless, but lets say they do, would it protect the boiler if installed quite close to where the cold feed to it is?

I am talking about the kind that a coil wraps around the copper.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Any thoughts on this one guys?

Would really appreciate some advice on this, if this will not work, can anyone suggest an alternative?

Many thanks

They say fit most of these units as close to the boiler as possible

Electric ones don't work. Nor do magnetic ones.

Sponsored Links
Thanks GasMan, I would be able to fit it on the cold supply to the boiler, and could fit it literally before the compression fittings on the boiler if required.

More wondering if they are suitable for this application?

Many thanks

I've got one of these

p1037942_l.jpg

From here

Seems to do something. :D

The only problem with one of these, or that type is that the cold feeding the boiler is in old galvanised steel S*** right up to below the boiler where it has been changed to copper, there is only about 6 or 7" before the copper double has a double bend in it to go to the compression fitting, basically, no room to fit one :( :(

Was thinking of the wrap round wire type as it would be easy to install :D

Its all subjective if any of these things work and the only way to be sure is fit a proper water softener ;)

if you are trying to magnetise the water, it will not work through a steel pipe, since the magnetic flux will not penetrate the pipe.

I don't see any evidence that magnetising the water works anyway.

I would be able to fit this type onto the copper that is after the steel, and before the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back