Dimmed external lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My current lights at the front of the house have built in pir sensors, with timers, the lights sit at low level when idle and light up bright on activation from their built in PIR sensor.

My new lights dont have this, can i purchase a pir or add something to my lighting circuit with this capability?

Sponsored Links
You've already posted this.
It doesn't help putting it up again just because you didn't get a reply in 5 minutes. Its Sunday evening FFS.

You've already posted this.
It doesn't help putting it up again just because you didn't get a reply in 5 minutes. Its Sunday evening FFS.
I think you're probably being a little hasty in writing this rather unwelcoming reply!

The first reply the op had to his 'other' posting, at 10.32, suggested that (s)he should post the query in the 'sparks section' - so, at 10:44, that's what (s)he did. I can but presume that the other message was (unknown to the op) moved to here from another forum - and that the op simply did 'as told'!

Kind Regards, John.

Sponsored Links
Hmm. There is indication of this on either post.
I take it that you mean 'no indication'. If so, what about (from the other thread/post):
My current lights at the front of the house have built in pir sensors, with timers, the lights sit at low level when idle and light up bright on activation from PIR.
My new lights dont have this, can i purchase a pir or add something to my lighting circuit with this capability?
....You'd be better off asking in the sparky section.
??

Kind Regards, John.

I knew that Oxfordshire was posh, but Merlot in the rain?
Ah, I'm only a few hundred yards from Oxfordshire; does that make me almost posh? It also so happens that I really was drinking Merlot in the rain yesterday, at a relatives BBQ which had been scheduled with no reference to weather forecasts - so maybe that clinches it? :)

Kind Regards, John

Many moons ago, I went on a camping holiday in France with some mates.

We'd just fetched up at a site near Marseilles when the heavens opened.

We sat in the car for a while, but it just kept on getting heavier, and eventually we thought "If we don't get the tents up soon it'll be too dark", so we put them up in a torrential downpour.

By the time we were done we were soaking wet and more than a little muddy, and we really didn't want to go into the tents in that state.

So we sat outside, in the pouring rain, drinking beer, and whenever people went past in their cars they looked at us as if we were raving mad.

So we sat outside, in the pouring rain, drinking beer, and whenever people went past in their cars they looked at us as if we were raving mad.
I think many of the French tend to assume that we're raving mad just because we derive from the UK, even when we're not drinking beer in the pouring rain :) ... and if it's beer, rather than wine, that presumably would be taken to confirm their beliefs!

Kind Regards, John.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back