dimmer switch help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have 1 light switch in my living room controling 2 lights. i have brought a two gang dimmer switch but found all the wires in the old switch were red. i marked the wires L1 L2 c and am confident that these are correct but when i connected the dimmer i found i had control of the lights fine until i turned off one of the lights and then the other would turn on on its own. could someone please help.the instructions said to link L1 L2 and c together on both gangs of the dimmer then wire L1 L2 c from the wall to one of the gangs on the dimmer. please please help me im a complete beginer. :oops: :?:
[/url]

Sponsored Links
if you only have 1 swwitch in the room (thats what you said) you should only have 4 wires at the switch.

you only need to use C and L1 , L2 should be left not used there may be a link between the two C terminals, but that will be about it.

thought: can you not see which red is "paired" with which red, are they not in the same cable? (only a thought)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back