Dimplex Opti-Myst Cavendish flame/smoke not working

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I have a Dimplex Opti-Myst Cavendish log effect fire. Last year for no reason the flame and smoke effect stopped working. As I live in Spain, and purchased via internet from UK, I had problems, but was finally told that I needed a new mist motor, and purchased via a third party and had it sent to Spain. The problem is I cannot get to it to change it, as the logs do not lift out, they are fixed, and even taking the back off does not uncover the mist motor. Can anyone tell me how to get to it? Dimplex UK were not interested, and neither were Dimplex Barcelona, refusing to send one of their technicians to help as they do not touch this model.

Read more: //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/dimplex-opti-myst-fires.213995/page-12#ixzz4Pru0sTn6

Sponsored Links
Have you got the installation manual.
I believe the flame/smoke effect can shut off, if the water tank is dry!
Does the appliance give off any bleeping noises?

The water tank is full. I have taken it out, dried every component, refilled it, put back, and still nothing. Manual says if no flame do NOT use as could burn out. It is only 3 years old and I am BLAZING! Living abroad but bringing appliances is c##p

I had the same problem with the smoke transducer, dimplex sent a new one, because the fire was less than 12 months old. Decided to put the old one in a solution of all purpose descaler ('Oust'). Removed the new transducer, connected in the old one, since then the fire/smoke effect has worked perfectly for over a month now...much cheaper option :)

Sponsored Links
I had the same problem with the smoke transducer, dimplex sent a new one, because the fire was less than 12 months old. Decided to put the old one in a solution of all purpose descaler ('Oust'). Removed the new transducer, connected in the old one, since then the fire/smoke effect has worked perfectly for over a month now...much cheaper option :)
three days from after posting it stopped again put the transducer back in a jug with OUST descaler working perfect it seems it will need to be done regular depending on use our fire is used 14hrs a day most days

John Colclough, do you put the whole transducer in, or has it got to be taken to bits so just the metal bit goes in the solution?

I left the whole transducer in a jug 1pt filled it just above the protruding part with the black tip just covered very hot not boiling for 15 mins this has worked twice and worked perfect

I wish I had read the comments here before buying this fire. It cost £500 and it has caused nothing but bother. The myster has stopped mysting and whether the lights come on, depends on goodness knows what. It's just over two years old.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back