Diplomat ADP 8234 Dishwasher won't start cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The washing machine turns on/off no problems. The LCD display and controls appear to function fine but when the door shuts there is no beep and the program does not start. Does anyone have an idea of the likely cause and know whether its worth having someone look at it?

Sponsored Links
Could be as simple as a faulty door switch. If it's an built in machine with decor door then they are expensive to replace and it would be worth while getting a quote for repair.

Unplug your appliance before working on it.

Thanks! I'd seen some messages suggesting that some machines badged up as diplomat could be a bit ropey, so didn't want to get someone to look at it if it was going to cost a bit. Got someone coming on a fairly cheap 1 hour callout. Hopefully its the switch, which I'm guessing shouldn't cost too much, so I should be able to pack up my brush and dishcloth for a while!

Sponsored Links
If memory serves me correctly your machine is made by SMEG. Good quality and definitely not cheap. Until recently Diplomat dishwashers have been good quality machines. The newer stuff I believe is from China and ain't so good.

Unplug your appliance before working on it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back