Diplomat ADP 8234 Tripping fuses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Diplomat 8234 with LCD display which has been working fine up until the weekend. When I switch it on ,close the door it beeps as it always does but didn't seem to start the cycle so I switch off & on again and it then seemed ok. After about 5 mins my daughter told me that she had to keep resetting the trip in the house I went in and could smell something hot, on opening the door I could see the element steaming but no evidence of much water been splashed about.
It seems to make a noise like an electric motor is jammed or loaded up.
I pulled out the dishwasher removed the water from the well in the bottom and took off and cleaned the pipe that goes to waste, I also checked the impellor would turn by hand on the two pumps I could see and put it back together and tried again. seemed to be working ok to start with but ended up with the same result, element hot,water in the well cold.
Any idea's :confused:
Regards

Pete G

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back