Disabled facilities grant self manage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all asking for information please
Can I self manage a project (as the government website says any individual can apply )and get my own contractor as I have been told.that the local council will only go through a housing improvement agency. which say that the £30k grant will not cover a single storey ground floor bedroom/wetroom and there will be a £15k shortfall as none of the contractors off the portal could quote the £30k. also the hia want to charge £5k for there services eating into the £30k grant. The council say they have a contract with the hia ?

Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
You can submit your own application - but it can go very wrong if you don't have professional advice, e.g. an architect.
And I would always recommend using a contractor who is experienced in delivering adaptations.
All councils also have discretion to fund more than the £30k limit - ask if they can consider your case

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back