Discreet Outdoor IP Camera

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I am looking to buy two IP cameras for the outside of my home and need advice on what's best to buy.
One will be for the front garden and another for the rear alley/access way to the home.

I need them to be as discreet/covert as possible therefore something small in size I can hide and IR illumination that isn't visible to anyone approaching (940nm?) either on the camera or separate illuminator(s).

I do not need PTZ.

The front garden camera needs something in the region of 100 degree viewing angle while the rear alley is a narrow view. Both need to monitor a distance up to approx 20 metres.

It needs to cope with UK weather.

I would prefer to transmit the signal via a LAN cable and use Power over Ethernet, but if I had to run a separate line for power then I can work with that. I don't think wireless is going to be reliable as the signal isn't fantastic outside.

The intention is to live view the video feeds on occasions (eg if I happen hear something suspicious outside) but also have my NAS record on movement.

I'm also on a tight budget :/

Any recommendations for IP cameras I can get in the UK to meet my needs?

Thank you

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Most Hikvision camera do all you asked for. I have this that covers all your requirements:
Hikvison-DS-2CD3132F-IW
very reliable with no issues running since october 2015.

Most Hikvision camera do all you asked for. I have this that covers all your requirements:
Hikvison-DS-2CD3132F-IW
very reliable with no issues running since october 2015.

Hi thanks very much for the recommendation.
I had a look at the reviews, it looks really good and reasonably priced.
I had one question...
In night mode, do the IR leds give off a red light or are they invisible? (Would you happen to know the wavelength)
Thanks

Sponsored Links
The light is invisible, but I really have no clue about wavelengths... sorry!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back