Dish washer waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Looking for some ideas on this, new kitchen going in and I'm doing plumbing.

Dishwasher needs a waste but it's not going next to a sink..

The only available space is in the next cupboard, as it will be a integrated, no room behind.

The waste can go through the outside wall, into the cupboard, but what to connect the actual waste pipe from the dishwasher to?

Ideas..

Sponsored Links
Will there not be a service space at the back of the kitchen unit? There's usually a 50mm gap?

If it has to wind it's way out and back in, can it then get to where the sink waste is? Or am I making it simpler than it actually is? :) If it can then a spigot would probably work best.

One of these popped in after the trap to connect onto -

http://www.mcalpineplumbing.com/tra...estic-appliance-swept-tee.html?id=1028&cat=30

Sponsored Links
Where is the closest drain or waste pipe? No other option I have seen to deal with the volume of water than running into a drain/soil pipe.

Hook it into a standpipe. Job done. ;)

Was thinking that would be my easiest option, but was trying to avoid the standpipe in the back of the cupboard, they are quite tall aren't they.

Due to the size affecting the space in the cupboard, having to cut the shelfs etc.

Could I adapt the standpipe with a hose conector, so I could shorten the standpipe?

So basicly a u bend and the hose connector.

http://m.screwfix.com/details.htm?id=48625&csnbl=1

Where is the closest drain or waste pipe? No other option I have seen to deal with the volume of water than running into a drain/soil pipe.

It's an outside wall and can get to a drain easily, it's the connection I'm pondering.

Standpipe can be shortened, but I'd leave enough to give the water a chance to go downwards, you don't want an eruption out the top when the dishwasher empties and the waste has begun to gunge up a few months down the line! :eek:

Standpipe can be shortened, but I'd leave enough to give the water a chance to go downwards, you don't want an eruption out the top when the dishwasher empties and the waste has begun to gunge up a few months down the line! :eek:

Extactly, my thoughts.

You could do away with the u bend and use a HEPvO with a little piece of pipe up top with a DW spigot in a connector, no issue with backflow then??

Just looked them up in google, never seen or used one.

Apart from a shower tray trap which used the same principle.

If I could use one of those with a hose spigot adapator, which would keep it nice and compact.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back