Dishwasher Cabinet Door problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've plumbed in a new slimline dishwasher and I'm now having a problem with the new door that I've put on it. The problem is that whilst the dishwasher fits snugly across the width, after hanging the door on the front and when I attempt to open the dishwasher, the new door strikes the enclosing cabinet at the lower end of the door (near the hinge).

Does anybody have any tips on how to resolve this issue or is it just a matter of getting my jigsaw out and cutting enough wood out of the cabinet to let the door open freely?

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Yed, I think so. It's a floor standing dishwasher that does not come with a door.

Sponsored Links
I can't really understand how a drop down door can catch on the sides of adjacent cabinets unless something is out of square. What are the dimensions (width) of the door & the opening?When you say " the enclosing cabinet" do you mean the kicker board?

Here's a photo.

As you can see, the dishwasher slots in fine but with the door put back on, when you open it, it strikes the enclosing sides of the cabinet which results in leveraging the dishwasher outwards.

So you are saying the door is wider than the opening, it looks to me as if you could either simply unscrew & remove those side panels or as you say cut angle of the bottom of each side, personally I would go for the first option as it will look a bit naff every time you or more likely your wife opens the door & sees an irritating cut away.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back