Dishwasher causing knocking.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

When my dishwasher is in its cycle and drawing water the pipes near the pressure chamber start to knock. Sometimes the red light on the dishwasher comes on to indicate no water?
I have pulled out the dishwasher and straightened the hose which sometimes helps but then the noise comes back. At times the dishwasher slows and i have been awoken in the early hours (3am) from the knocking as it is finishing off the cycle, which was put on after dinner, 6.30pm ish!
Please can you help, it is a real pain and a nuisance and i don't want to call out a plumber if its fixable by me. Obviously if i need a plumber to fix then i will, thats fine.

I have a pressurised system but for the life of me cant remember the proper name, sorry.

:(

Regards.

Bill.

Sponsored Links
have you removed the hose and ran it in a bucket and checked the w/m valve is fully open and the hose is not kinked or collapsed inside ?

What is the w/m valve?
Washing-Machine-Tee-Valve_large.jpg

what the hose is connected to on the mains water supply

Sponsored Links
This valve is open.

The hose is 2.5 meters long but the dishwasher and valve is 0.6m apart, would a shorter hose help or is it more serious.

shorter hose won't do nothing as it should be connected to a mains pressure pipe.

don't take any notice of the plastic lever as these valves go stiff and the plastic lever often turns but the valve don't, so the lever maybe open but the valve half closed.
also the valve could be partially blocked with scale is old.

shorter hose won't do nothing as it should be connected to a mains pressure pipe.

don't take any notice of the plastic lever as these valves go stiff and the plastic lever often turns but the valve don't, so the lever maybe open but the valve half closed.
also the valve could be partially blocked with scale is old.

If the hose is kinked at all would this be a problem?

The lever does turn but nothing happens so it could be half closed, will it need to be replaced or is there another way to get it fully open?

If the hose is kinked at all would this be a problem?
yes
The lever does turn but nothing happens so it could be half closed, will it need to be replaced or is there another way to get it fully open?

remove lever and open with a prair of grips.
but longterm change it.
or oneday you need it in a hurry and it won't close. ;)

Thanks for you help.

I will get a shorter hose and open the valve and see if it works, fingers crossed but get it replaced, i don't want any accidents.

I'll let you know how i get on.

Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back