dishwasher cleaners

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi just purchased new electrolux slimline dishwasher ( 1st one i've owned !) and not sure what is the best cleaners to use. if i use those all in one tablets do i still need to put dishwasher salt in the machine as well. any suggestions on whats best to use will be really appreciated. i'd love to have my crockery and glasses come out sparkling. :)

Sponsored Links
Tablets and salt are both required for efficient operation. Just follow the instructions...

"Finish" is the big name brand.

However I use Tesco own brand, and I expect the other chains have good stuff.

By chance I read the Which report on d/wr tablets, and the "Value" brand sold in Tescos is cheap (9p per tablet) and very good (it does not say Tesco on the tablets, so I expect they come from some large European Detergent factory). Lidl W5 is exactly the same price and I suspect is the same tablet in a different box. these were both "Best Buys" So were Finish Powerball (various versions) at more than twice the price, and Glist Magic Vinegar (which was particularly good for glass).

Gumption 6-in-1, was tested and found to be very bad.

My preference is to avoid the lemon-scented detergents as they make your glasses smell of lemon detergent.

Glass will slowly go dull and cloudy, so don't wash expensive wine glasses etc in the machine.

It is essential to keep the Salt reservoir topped up, and you get better results if you use rinse-aid as well, even with tablets that claim to do everything.

Sponsored Links
thanks for all the advice.tesco ones sound good.really not worth paying a fortune if the cheaper ones do the same job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back