Dishwasher Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, i am asking for some advice with my dishwasher. Its a Beko DSFN 1530 B and its about 2 years old, for a while now i have noticed the salt has not move so i thought i would investigate :). I looked online and and didnt find much so i removed the side panel and was able to see the regeneration unit and the water softener compartment, i watched this as i turned on the machine and water was coming in fine and filing up the regeneration unit. It began to wash and no water was passing through the regeneration valve, after the cycle it began to drain and the water passed through the outlet valve. So could it be the regeneration valve thats gone or am i missing something ?, the part i need if this is the cause is this http://www.bekospares.co.uk/dishwas...ct.pl?pid=2877559&path=61208&model_ref=622324 and not to expensive so i am hopinh this is the cause. Can anyone shed some light on this or give me some advice, thanx.

Sponsored Links
Me, I'd first be inclined to try using the type of tablet that claims not to need salt, and see whether the cleaning and rinsing was perfect - it could save a lot of bother!

Me, I'd first be inclined to try using the type of tablet that claims not to need salt, and see whether the cleaning and rinsing was perfect - it could save a lot of bother!
Good idea :), which tabs do you recommend ?

Well after some more checking the web i came across the water hardness setting which i must of missed in the initial setup, my water is soft (6.23) clarke https://www.southernwater.co.uk/how-hard-is-your-water . I then put my machine in the water hardness level mode and it was set to 1 which is why it wasn't using any salt, i have now adjusted the setting to 2 and turned down rinse aid to 1 as i am using all in 1 tabs, which i never even knew lol. Another great tip i found was many people are using white vinegar as rinse aid and afer a test it seemed to work well and is much cheaper.

Sponsored Links
That's good news, Paddy. I doubted it was a fault because I have a similar Beko and find it perfectly reliable. I have had three previous makes over the years and the Beko seems to be the easiest to use, quietest and best. Having said that, I'd better touch wood...!

That's good news, Paddy. I doubted it was a fault because I have a similar Beko and find it perfectly reliable. I have had three previous makes over the years and the Beko seems to be the easiest to use, quietest and best. Having said that, I'd better touch wood...!
Yes it has been good to me :) now i changed the water hardness settings it works alot better.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back