Dishwasher leaking from inlet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've put my Dishwasher in a while ago and all seemed fine. No leaks. However I've noticed it has started to drip. So on pulling it out it's simply dripping from the inlet. I tried to nip it up a little but it's still dripping.

I've tried it with PTFE and potable water compound but still got a slight drip. I guess I've over tightened it and probably crossed the threads, on the appliance it seems fine on the hose.

Both of these just seem to be pushed towards the back of the thread when I tighten it up.

Should I just back it off a bit?
Just had a Google for other solutions, would Loctite 55 or something like Rector seal work?

Sponsored Links
Have you checked in the connector that the rubber washer is correctly seated and not pinched up at all? You shouldn't need any tape or compound to make the joint. Usually only requires tightening a little more than finger-tight to make a seal.

Yeah I checked this, and there was a slight depression in the one I took off. This was a brand new hose though already.

But I still replaced it with another one (new from the same hose)

Maybe it's too tight then? I'll pull it out again and try slacking it off a little maybe. I did it finger tight plus a good twist with a towel, and did get a spanner on it to nip it up when I saw it leaking first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back